Friday, July 09, 2010

I've Been Googed!

For years (yes, prior to me joining Yahoo!) I've been using Google Alerts to send me topic updates into my Yahoo! mail inbox. If anybody hasn't used Alerts, it's a great way to keep you up to speed on topics such as "web analytics" or "online advertising" or "attribution"...or ANY topic for that matter.

Alerts has also been a great way to send referral traffic to this Yahoo! Analytics blog. In years past, each time I've written a new post, it's been picked up by Alerts and it's been shown in their Blogs update section. Lately however, I haven't seen any of my latest blog posts show up in Alerts. Therefore, I'm seeing a direct decrease in referral traffic of late.

Strangely enough, I always see Avinash Kaushik (Google Analytics evangelist) related blog posts show up. Hmmmmmm....must have been a change to their "relevance" algorithm......

No comments: