Skip to main content

Yahoo! Web Analytics Resources

I've been receiving an increasing amount of Yahoo! Web Analytics (formerly IndexTools) questions lately due to the recent press on the CMS analytics study. While Yahoo! Web Analytics has not yet launched publicly, I wanted to send along some helpful links that discuss Yahoo! Web Analytics in more detail. I'm guessing that these links will only get people more antsy for the release, but it's helpful none the less.

Yahoo! Web Analytics For Your Web Site

Main Site:
http://web.analytics.yahoo.com/

Video: 9 Minute Overview (by Eric Hamilton)
http://www.detroitwideweb.com/temp/Yahoo-YWA-Reporting-Deck-EHAM.htmlhttp://eham1906.blogspot.com/2009/02/yahoo-web-analytics-reporting-overview.html

Video: Same As Above:
http://eham1906.blogspot.com/2009/02/yahoo-web-analytics-reporting-overview.html

Video: 5 Minute Overview (by Dennis Mortensen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yelzmWK64z0


Yahoo! Web Analytics For Your Yahoo! Small Business Store

Video: Y!WA Set up for Yahoo! Stores
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4rukzY3qM


Yahoo! Web Analytics Articles

Yahoo Web Analytics - What's the Verdict?
http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions/advertising/article.php/3791481

Yahoo! Web Analytics Leaps Ahead of Google Analytics for Enterprise Use
http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/2/prweb2090264.htm


Yahoo! Web Analytics Book

Info On New Book by Dennis Mortensen
http://visualrevenue.com/blog/yahoo-analytics-book

Purchase Book On Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Yahoo-Web-Analytics-Dennis-Mortensen/dp/0470424249


Blog

Dennis Mortensen Blog
http://visualrevenue.com/blog/


IndexTools

Video: IndexTools at DME (2007)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5D32AS9sF4


Yahoo! Web Analytics Setup Guide

Setup Guide
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/store/analytics/resources-02.html






Comments

Vero said…
Is there a timeline for Yahoo! to open access to their Analytics like Google has?
Matt Lillig said…
Hi Vero,

It's first being rolled out to Yahoo! advertisers who work with an account manager. Are you a current Yahoo! Search Marketing user? If so, you can request Yahoo! Web Analytics from your AM.

I don't have an ETA for rollout to everybody, but I know there is a game plan for that.

Thanks for stopping by the site!
vero said…
It's a shame its not out yet. I guess I will use another solution until then :(

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! 'Assists' Their Advertisers On PPC Bidding

For those who have explored Yahoo's latest web analytics options, you have most likely come across the 'Assists' report and wondered what the heck it is. Even more so, you may have asked yourself, "How am I supposed to use it?" First let me break down what Assists are. Assists are simply keywords that played a part in assisting other keywords in getting a conversion. Huh? Ok , here's an example: Let's say I'm a visitor looking to purchase a computer. I go to Yahoo.com and run a search using the term "computer" . I decide on clicking the Sony sponsored search ad for computers. I dig around on the SonyStyle.com web site but end up not purchasing anything. I then come back 14 days later and use the search term "Laptop" on Yahoo.com. But this time I decide to click on a different Sony sponsored search ad....for laptops. I reach the same SonyStyle.com site and I finally decide to make a puchase (conversion). The results in Yahoo.... The ...

Hey retailers, it's time to step up your coupon game!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news retailers but I can't find your coupons online.  I've run countless coupon related searches (on all of the major search engines) for some of your largest brands such as Staples, Target, McDonalds, Home Depot, and CVS to name a few. To be quite honest, it's a lousy consumer experience. All I see are countless affiliate sites that claim to offer me coupons from the retailer but RARELY deliver.  Sites like Techbargains.com serve up links which you think will provide you with a coupon but all they do is redirect you to the retailer's home page.  I invite you to try it.  Click on one of the green 'Activate Coupon' buttons to access the particular coupon: http://www.techbargains.com/staplescoupons.cfm .  It tells you to 'Please wait while we activate your deal' as it downloads who knows what to your system.  Just when you get excited about being presented with a coupon that you can print out and take into the ret...

Why ComScore Paid Click Reports Aren't Valuable For Advertisers

Every month there is a comparison report released by ComScore that discusses the paid click search engine battle between Google and Yahoo!. For example, you may have recently read a headline titled, "Google moves further ahead of Yahoo in paid ad clicks". The press simply eats these reports up because they enjoy writing about the big battle between Yahoo! and Google. But if they ever took the time to break the data down and really analyze it, they may be surprised to see that while more clicks mean more money for Google, it also may mean a higher CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) for their advertisers. So are these reports really valuable to advertisers? Should advertisers think that just because Google drives more paid clicks that they should only use Google (because a lot of advertisers do think this way)? Since those writers don't have the time to sit down and actually analyze the real data, I decided I'd do it for them and help answer these questions. So here it goes (No...